10 Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
Benefits of Ayushman Card: Launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Swasht Bharat Initiative is a part of the National Health Policy of 2017 which aims to achieve Universal Health Coverage (UHC). The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana is launched to ensure that all citizens get health care across the country.
In this article, we will see the features and benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
Benefits of Lifetime Card
- Let’s look at the benefits gained by the Indian healthcare system along with the beneficiaries through the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana:
- PMJAY Medical Insurance will provide health cover or health protection to around 10 crore families in rural India (2 crore families), mainly from the poor and lower-middle class of society. Beneficiary households will be determined based on the latest Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data.
- It is an entitlement-based health insurance policy that will provide coverage to all households listed in the SECC database and fulfilling the requisite conditions. There will be no limit on age and family size to ensure coverage of all beneficiaries, especially women, girls and the elderly.
- Beneficiaries can avail free, paperless and cashless treatment in government hospitals and opt for affiliated private hospitals.
- The scheme will give priority to girl child, women and elderly for coverage.
- PMJAY will be admitted to major secondary and tertiary care hospitals. This medical insurance plan lists around 1350 medical packages that cover day care treatment, surgery, medicine cost, diagnostic cost, transportation cost, food services and accommodation cost.
- PMJAY health insurance policy will have mandatory cover for all pre-existing diseases from day one, and no hospital can deny cover or treatment.
- All hospitalization expenses are taken care of under PMJAY insurance, and the beneficiaries do not have to spend any amount to avail the treatment. Further, hospitals will be prohibited from charging any amount for treatment of beneficiaries under PMJAY.
- By establishing health centers and tie-ups with many private hospitals, PMJAY services are available to eligible beneficiaries across India.
- Government has maintained a 24×7 helpline number – 14555 for 24 hours assistance and grievance redressal.
- To get the benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana, beneficiaries need to check their Ayushman Bharat Yojana eligibility. Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Card
- Alternatively, you can get all the necessary information including your eligibility at Ayushman Bharat Yojana Customer Care Telephone No. 14555 or 1800-111-565. Also, you can approach any Judy Hospital (EHCP) under PMJAY. Create an Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) if you are eligible. Once created, you will receive 14 points