Chief Minister Mahila Utkarsh Yojana.
Gujarat government always runs various schemes to make women self-reliant. This article provides information about Mahila Utkarsh Yojana. What to apply, who will benefit, what documents are required, how to get loan assistance, objective of the scheme, target etc. are given below.
Chief Minister Mahila Utkarsh Yojana 2022 Details
- Name of the scheme Chief Minister Mahila Utkarsh Yojana
- Started by Gujarat Govt
- A total budget of Rs. 168 crores
- Financial assistance to women’s groups
- Women’s groups: 1 lakh
- Women group members: 10 lakhs
- Purpose of providing credit
Gujarat Livelihood Promotion Company Ltd. Implementation of this scheme in rural areas by (GLPC) and Gujarat Urban Development Mission (GULM) in urban areas. The main objective of the scheme is to create 1 lakh Joint Liability Earnings and Savings Groups (JLESG) and to make 10 lakh women self-reliant by encouraging joint economic activity through these groups.
The salient features of this scheme are as follows.
If each group pays regular installments under this scheme, Rs. A provision has been made to pay interest exceeding Rs. 1 lakh from Govt.
60,000 JLESGs in rural areas and 30,000 in urban areas will be covered under the scheme. In which the interest amount has to be paid by the government to the lending institutions on behalf of the women group.
Nationalized Banks, Gramin Banks, Co-operative Banks, Private Banks, Co-operative Societies and other RBI Approved Credit Institutions – MFIs will also be encouraged by the Government for successful implementation of this scheme. (* Changes may be subject to change)
Purpose of the scheme
- Include women in Joint Liability Earnings and Savings Group (JLESG).
- By Government Banks, Private Banks, Co-operative Banks and Lending Institutions Rs. 1.00 lakh loan.
- Providing self-employment and livelihood through credit.
Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- Eligibility to avail the benefit of this scheme is as follows.
- Applicant should be a permanent resident of Gujarat.
- The applicant in this scheme should be female.
- Applicant must be a part of Self Help Group of Gujarat.
- A SHG should have 10 members.
- The government is going to give loans to these groups and the interest will be paid by the government to the bank.
- 10 Women Who Want Credit
- Age of women should be 18 to 6 years
- Priority given to widowed abandoned sisters.
- Existing group whose loans are not outstanding.
- Target: 1 lakh groups, 1 million women and 5 million family members
- Out of which 30,000 groups are in rural areas and 50,000 groups are in urban areas.
- Rs. Interest Subsidy Rs. Loan Amount: Rs. 1 lakh
- Interest: As per 15%, maximum Rs. 5,000/-
- Loan Repayment: Rs. 10000/- as per annual installment Rs. 1,50,000/-
- Out of which Rs. 1,00,000 in loan recovery and Rs. 20,000 as savings.
- Waiver of Stamp Duty: Waiver of stamp duty required for bank loans is to be granted.
- Credit institutions and Aadhaar
- Nationalized Banks, Gramin Banks, Co-operative Banks, Private Banks, Co-operative Societies and other RBI
- recognized credit institutions
- Support to Banks / Credit Institutions
- Rs.2000/- per group for recovery mechanism.
- Aadhaar card is a very important document that you must have with you.
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- mobile no
- Bank Account Number
- Two passport size photographs