PM Jan Dhan Yojana Account Opening Application Form.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) PM Jan Dhan Yojana is a national mission for financial inclusion to ensure access to financial services, viz., banking/savings and deposit accounts, remittance, credit, insurance, pension in an affordable manner. The account can be opened in any bank branch or business correspondent (bank friend) outlet. PMJDY accounts are being opened with zero balance.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) Application Form
Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is a national mission for financial inclusion to ensure access to financial services, such as banking/savings and deposit accounts, remittances, credit, insurance, pensions in an affordable manner.
The account can be opened in any bank branch or business correspondent (bank friend) outlet. Accounts opened under PMJDY are being opened with zero balance. However, if the account holder wants to get a check book, he has to meet the minimum balance criteria.
Documents required for account opening under PM Jan Dhan Yojana account opening application form
1. If Aadhaar Card/Aadhaar Number is available then no other documents are required. If the address has changed, self attestation of current address is sufficient.
If Aadhaar Card is not available, any one of the following Officially Valid Documents (OVD) is required: Voter ID Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport and NREGA Card. If these documents also contain your address, they can serve as proof of identity and address.
2. If a person does not have any of the “officially recognized documents” mentioned above, but is classified as low risk by the banks, he/she can open a bank account by submitting any one of the following documents:
Identity Card with applicant’s photo issued by Central/State Government Departments, Statutory/Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks and Public Financial Institutions;
3. A letter issued by the Gazetted Officer, accompanied by a duly attested photograph of the individual.
Special Benefits under PM Jan Dhan Yojana Account Opening Application Form
- Interest on deposit.
- Accidental Insurance cover of Rs. 1 Lac under Rupay Scheme and for accounts opened after 28-08-2018 accidental Insurance Cover is of Rs. 2 lac
- No minimum balance required.
- The scheme provide life cover of Rs.30,000/- payable on death of the beneficiary, subject to fulfillment of the eligibility condition.
- Easy Transfer of money across India
- Beneficiaries of Government Schemes will get Direct Benefit Transfer in these accounts.
- After satisfactory operation of the account for 6 months, an overdraft facility will be permitted
- Access to Pension, insurance products.
- The Claim under Personal Accidental Insurance under PM Jan Dhan Yojana shall be payable if the Rupay Card holder have performed minimum one successful financial or non-financial customer induced transaction at any Bank Branch, Bank Mitra, ATM, POS, E-COM etc.
- Overdraft facility upto Rs. 10000/- is available in only one account per household, preferably lady of the household subject to eligibility and Overdraft for Rs. 2000/- is hassel free.
Documents required for opening an account under Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana
- Driving license
- PAN card
- Voter ID card issued by Election Commission of India
- A job card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the State Government,
- A letter issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India containing details of name, address and Aadhaar number, or any other document notified by the Central Government in consultation with the regulator,
- provided that simplified measures are implemented to verify the identity of customers. , the following documents shall be considered as officially valid documents: – Applicant’s Photo Identity Card issued by Central / State Government Departments, Statutory / Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks and Public Financial Institutions
- A letter issued by a Gazetted Officer, with a duly attested photograph of the person.
Bank Details where the account is being opened
- Name of the Bank Branch
- Name of the applicant’s Village or Town
- Sub District or Block Name
- SSA Code or Ward Number
- Village Code or Town Code
Scheme Applicant’s Details
- Full Name
- Marital Status
- Name of Father/Spouse
- Pin Code
- Telephone and Mobiel No.
- Aadhar Number
- MNREGA Job Card Number
- Annual Income
- Number of dependents
- Asset Details
- Existing Bank Account Number if any